STAPHYLOCOCCAL BACTERIOPHAGE Suppository 35 Gramm (10 pieces)
Current preparation is a chromatographically purified phage lysate active against S.aureus bacterial strains.
Necessary condition for use of Staphylococcal bacteriophage is preliminary determinations of phage- susceptibility of bacteria- causative agent of infections disease. The preparation is used only in case of sensitivity bacteria to the phage
(pharyngitis, tonsillitis, thracheitis, bronchitis, Plevritis, pneumonia, inflammation of middle ear) infectious diseases:
- Surgical infections ( infectious wound, infected burn, abscess, phlegmona, furuncle, carbuncle, paraproctitis, mastitis, bursitis, osteomyelitis, panaricium);
- Urogenital infections (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonefritis, colpitis, endometritis);
- Enteric infections ( gastroenteric colitis, cholecystitis);
- Purulent - septic infections in newborn ( omphalitis, pyoderma, conjunctivitis, gastroenteric colitis and others)
- Other Staphylococcal infections.
Staphylococcal bacteriophage is also used for prophylaxis, for treatment of post-operational and infected wounds, as well as in case of hospital staphylococcal infections, confirmed as an epidemiological indicator.
Mode of application and doses of Staphylococcal phage preparation during different infectious diseases.
Staphylococcal bacteriophage preparation is used locally only after appropriate treatment of source of infection. Duration of phage treatment is 10-20 days. In case of relapse of disease, the course of treatment might be repeated.
- Against purulent-septic infections of upper airways, nose, throat, lung, hear ( pharyngitis, tonsillitis, thracheitis, bronchitis, Plevritis, pneumonia, inflammation of middle ear), the phage is used 2-3 times a day, using 2-10 ml of preparation by rising, gargling, dropping and plugging (duration of plugging 1 hour).
- Bacteriophage can be applied by application in infected wounds and pyodermia in newborn twice a day (sterile bandage should be soaked in phage and applied on infected/damaged area of skin).
There are no contraindications ever observed for Staphylococcal phage.
The use of Staphylococcal phage does not exclude concomitant use of other antibacterial remedies.
Over Dose: No Data
Influence of pregnancy and lactation: No Data
Packaging and Storage Conditions
Storage temperature +2 - +8 C
Distributed without prescription
The Phage should be taken out from vials aseptically, by sterile syringe. Opened vials should be stored in refrigerator at _2 - +8C
shelf life 3 month
Developed by: G.Eliava Institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and virology.