STAPHYLOCOCCAL BACTERIOPHAGE Ungventum
STAPHYLOCOCCAL BACTERIOPHAGE Ungventum 20 Gramm
Permitted to buy without prescription.
Current preparation is a chromatographically purified phage lysate active against S.aureus bacterial strains.
Necessary condition for use of Staphylococcal bacteriophage is preliminary determinations of phage- susceptibility of bacteria- causative agent of infections disease. The preparation is used only in case of sensitivity bacteria to the phage
Therapeutic preparation is directed to use for treatment of infections caused by staphylococcal such as:
Upper airways, nose, throat, lung, ear (pharyngitis, tonsillitis, thracheitis, bronchitis, Plevritis, pneumonia, inflammation of middle ear) infectious diseases:
- Surgical infections ( infectious wound, infected burn, abscess, phlegmona, furuncle, carbuncle, paraproctitis, mastitis, bursitis, osteomyelitis, panaricium);
- Urogenital infections (urethritis, cystitis, pyelonefritis, colpitis, endometritis);
- Enteric infections ( gastroenteric colitis, cholecystitis);
- Purulent - septic infections in newborn ( omphalitis, pyoderma, conjunctivitis, gastroenteric colitis and others)
- Other Staphylococcal infections.
Staphylococcal bacteriophage is also used for prophylaxis, for treatment of post-operational and infected wounds, as well as in case of hospital staphylococcal infections, confirmed as an epidemiological indicator.
The preparation might be used by different route, including orally, for treatment of wounds by drainage and application; rectally; by introduction directly in ear, throat, nose, urinary tract cavities.
Mode of application and doses of Staphylococcal phage preparation during different infectious diseases.
Staphylococcal bacteriophage preparation is used locally only after appropriate treatment of source of infection. Duration of phage treatment is 10-20 days. In case of relapse of disease, the course of treatment might be repeated.
- Against purulent-septic infections of upper airways, nose, throat, lung, hear ( pharyngitis, tonsillitis, thracheitis, bronchitis, Plevritis, pneumonia, inflammation of middle ear), the phage is used 2-3 times a day, using 2-10 ml of preparation by rising, gargling, dropping and plugging (duration of plugging 1 hour).
- For treatment of furunculosis and carbunculousis, liquid Staphylococcal Phage is introduced directly in source of infection, subcutaneously, or infiltrate and around it. The preparation should be injected every day or every other day, based on severity of disease, by increasing doses: first injection - 0.5ml. following injections - 1 - 1.5 ml - 2 ml of phage preparation. Duration of treatment includes 3-5 injections. In case of infectious abscess, phage is introduced by injection in abscess cavity after evacuation of pus; the volume of used phage should be less than evacuated pus. In case of open abscess, tampon with phage might be used in cavity.
- 100 ml of phage preparation is used in enteric, pleural, joint and other cavities. Capillary drainage should be left in the cavity for repeated introduction of phage every other day, in total 3-4 times.
- In case of lung abscess, phage is used by trans-thoracal puncture and by catheter in tracheobronchear system. In case of emphysema, the preparation could be used by puncture and drainage. One dose includes 10-20ml of phage during phage application by catheter of tracheobroncheal system, in case of emphysema the singe dose is from 10ml to 50ml.
- During intestinal problems in newborn, on the initial phase, first two applications - staphylococcal phage should be diluted by twice with cooled boiled water, if there is no side reaction, treatment should be continued by non-diluted phage. In case of sepsis and enterocolitis in newborn, the phage should be applied in rectum (by catheter) 2-3 times in 24 hours. Bacteriophage can be used orally and by enema.
- Bacteriophage can be applied by application in infected wounds and pyodermia in newborn twice a day (sterile bandage should be soaked in phage and applied on infected/damaged area of skin).
There are no contraindications ever observed for Staphylococcal phage.
The use of Staphylococcal phage does not exclude concomitant use of other antibacterial remedies.
Influence of pregnancy and lactation: No Data
Packaging and Storage Conditions
Storage temperature: room temperature
Distributed without prescription
shelf life: 6 month
Developed by: G.Eliava Institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and virology.