One course of therapy with FERSISI BACTERIOPHAGE 8 Box
Name of the pharmaceutical product (Patentable):
Fersisi bacteriophage is a sterile filtrate of phage lysates to
- Staphylococcus (S. aureus, S. epidermidis) titter no less than 10ml.
- Streptococcus (S. pyogenes, S. sanguis, S. salivarius, S. agalactiae ) titter no less than 10ml.
Inactive ingredientsL Bacteriological growth medium, standard sodium saline. Chinazolin as a conservator.
Preparation is transparent liquid, with yellow, to light brown colour.
Specific antibacterial solution
Fersisi Bacteriophage leads to a specific lysis of bacteria belonging to Staphylococci and Streptococci.
To be used with curative and prophylaxis aim in pyo-inflammatory and enteric infections caused by the above mentioned microorganisms.
Otolaryngological diseases: inflammation of the middle ear, tonsillitis, laryngitis, rhinitis, tracheltis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleurisy.
Skin infections: furunculosis, carbunculosis, abscess, deep infitration and abscessing sycosis.
Surgical diseases: Abscess, wound infections, mastitis, osteomyelitis, phlegmon.
Inflammation of oral cavity: stomatitis, gingivitis etc.
Eye diseases: bacterial conjunctivitis: Secondary infections with thermal burns.
Urogenital and gynecologic infections: urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, endometritis.
Enteric infections: gastroenterocolitis, cholecystitis, staphylococcal toxic infection, dysbacterioses.
Pyo- inflammatory disease in children (including newborns) prevention of postoperative periods and hospital infection.
Usage and dosage:
The highest effect is achieved when preparation is used at the onset of the disease and introduced directly to the infection's focus.
FERSIS bacteriophage may be used per os and /or rectum.
- Fersis bacteriophage is used as disinfecting agent for locally damaged areas by phage soaked bandage, as well as in liquid form in cavities (wound cavity, abdominal cavity, pleura, abscess cavity, nasal cavity, urinary bladder, uterus, vagina). The preparation can be used orally, and/or by catheter, or enema.
- Phage for local use is applied three times daily, for 3-5 days. The quantity of phage is determined by the size of the damaged area.
- For treatment of abscesses, pleuritis and arthritis, as well as peritonitis, 50-200ml of bacteriophage is introduces into the cavity every other day.
- In case of cystitis and pyelonephritis, phage is administered by catheter and/or orally.
- For treatment of deep pyoderma, phage is used intradermally (0.1-0.5ml in 10 injections).
- For conjunctivitis, bacteriophage is introduced by pipet, 2-3 drops per eye4-6 times a day.
- In case of neonatal omphalitis and pyoderma, bacteriophage is applied by soaked bandage twice daily for 5-7 days.
- For intestinal diseases and disbacteriosis phage is administered per os/or per rectum. Per rectum Fersis- Bacteriophage is introduced by enema, after stool.
Recommended doses and FERSIS bacteriophage are as follows:
|Age||Per os/Per day||Per rectum/Per day|
|Infants 0-6 months||5ml 1 times, 30 min before feeding||10 ml once a day|
|Kids 6-12 months||5ml 2 times, 30 min before feeding||10 ml once a day|
|kids 1-3 years||5ml 3 times, 1 hour before meal||20 ml once a day|
|Children 3-8 Years||10ml 2-3 times. 1 hours before meal||30 ml once a day|
Children older then 8 years, adults
|20ml 2-3 times, 1 hour prior to meal||
40 ml once a day
Treatment should continue for 6-10 days.
Before taking FERSIS bacteriophage, it is recommended to take a glass of basic mineral water (or 2-3% solution of baking soda).
There are no contraindications ever observed for FERSIS bacteriophage, The used of FERSIS bacteriophage does not exclude concomitant use of antibiotic, or any other medicine.
Before use, ampule must be shaken, The liquid must be clear, without sediment.
If the ampoule is damaged, or if the liquid is cloudy, the preparation should not be used.
The preparation should be used immediately after the ampule or flask has been opened. Once opened it should not be saved for later use.
Packaging and Storage Conditions
The preparation is presented in 5 ml ampoules, Storage temperature +2 - +8 C Expiration - 1 Year
Distributed without prescription
Developed by: G.Eliava Institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and virology.