PYO BACTERIOPHAGE 1 Box - (5 Ampullen x 10ml)
PYO BACTERIOPHAGE 1 Box – (5 Vials X 10ml). New
- Otorhinolaryngologic and respiratory bacterial infectious diseases (rhinits, otits, inflammation of the paranasal sinuses, pyogenic tonsillitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, pleuritis);
- Dermatologic infections diseases: pyoderma, furunculi, carbuncles, hydroadenitis, deep infiltrates and abscesses,
- Surgical infectiions: phlegmon, bursitis, tendovaginitis, osteomyelitis, paraproctitis, purulent complicated wounds, burns with secondary infections, mastitis.
- Uro-genital infections: urethritis, cystitis, pyelonephritis, colpitis, endometritis, salpingo-oophoritis.
- Gastrointestinal infectious diseases: gastroenterocolitis. dusbacteriosis (bacterial overgrowth syndrome);
- Inflammatory processes in the oral cavity: stomtitis, gingivitis and paradonititis,
- Eye infections: conjunctivitis and blefaritis.
- Generalized septic diseases.
- Various purulent-inflammatory infevtions, including omphalitis, pyoderma, sepsis in children (including neonates)
- Diseases induced by post - surgical complications.
Dosage and Administration
The highest effect is achived when prepatartion is used at the onset of the disease and is are introduces directly to the infcation's focus
- Pyobacteriophage is used as a disinfecting agent for locally damaged areas by phage soaked bandage, as well as in liquid from in cavities wound cavity, abdominal cavity, pleura, abscess cavity, nasal cavity, urinary bladder, uterus, vagina). The preparation can be used orally, and/or by catheter, of enema.
- Phage for local use is applied three times daily, for 3-5 days. The quantity of phage is determined by the size of the damaged area.
- For Treatment of abscesses, pleuritis and arthritis, as well as peritonitis, 50-200ml of bacteriophage is introduces into the cavity every other day.
- In case of cystitis and pyelonephitis, phage is administred by catheter and / or orally, In case of cholecystitis, 30 ml of phage is introduced by probe every other day.
- Fpr treatment of deep pyoderma, phage is used intradermally (0.1-0.5 ml of phage once in 24 hours, in total 10 injections).
- For conjunctivitis, bacteriophage is introduced by pipet, 2 drops per eye, 4-6 times a day.
- In case of neonatal omphalitis and pyoderma, bacteriophage is applied by soaked bandage twice daily 5-7 days.
- For intestinal diseases and disbacteriosis, phage is administered per as and/or per rectum. Per rectum Pyo-bacteriophage is introduces by enema, after stool.
- Recommended doses of Pyobacteriophage are as follows:
|Age||Per as / Per day||Per rectum/per day|
|Infants 0-6 months||5ml 1 time, 30 min before feeding||10 ml once a day|
|Kids 6-12 months||5ml 2 times, 30 min before feeding||10 ml once a day|
|Kids 1-3 years||5ml 3 times, 1 hour before meal||20 ml once a day|
|Children 3-8 years||10ml 2-3 times, 1 hour before meal||30 ml once a day|
|Children elder then 8 years, adults||20ml 2-3 times, 1 hour prior to meal||40 ml once a day|
For children after 3 years old and adults a glass of basic mineral water (or 2-3% of soda solution) prior to bacteriophage application is recommended. Bacteriophage application does not exclude administration of other pharmaceuticals.
There are no contraindications ever observed for pyobacteriophage.
Before use, ampule must be shaken. The liquid must be clear, without sediment. if the ampoule/flask is damaged, or if the liquid is cloudy, the preparation should not be used. The preparation should be used immediately after the ampoule or flask has been opened. Once opened it should not be saved for later use. The use pf pyobacteriophage does not exclude concomitant antibiotic use.
Packaging and Storage Conditions
The preparation comes in 5ml ampoules, 10/20/100 ml flasks.
Storage temperature - +2 +8 C.
Expiration - 1 year.
Distributed without prescription.
Developed by: G.Eliava Institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and virology.