One course of therapy with Intesti Bacteriophages
Instruction for use
Intestibacteriophage is a combined preparation. Intestibacteriophage is a mix of sterile filtrates of phage lysates active to:
- Shigella (flexneri Serotypes 1,2,3,4; sonnei; newcastle titter no less than 10s ml)
- Salmonella (paratyphi A and paratyphi B; typhimurium; enteritidis; choleraesuis; oranienburg) titter no less than 10s ml-1.
- Different types of E.coli, titter no less than 10s ml-1 (Escherichia coli)
- Proteus (vulgaris, mirabilis); titter no less than 10s ml-1
- Staphylococcus (S. aureus) titter no less than 10s ml-1
- Pseudomonas Aeruginosa; titter no less than 10s ml-1
- Enterococcus faecalis titter no less than 10s ml-1
Inactive ingredients: Bacteriological growth medium, standard sodium saline. Chinazolin as a conservator.
Preparation is transparent liquid, with yellow to light brown color.
Specific antibacterial solution
Intestibacteriophage leads to specific lysis of following bacteria: Shigella flexneri (Sertypes 22.214.171.124, Shigella Sonnei, Shigella newcastle, Salmonella paratyphi A and B, Salomella typhimurium; Salmonella enteritidis; Salmonella oranienburg; Escherichia coli; Proteus (vulgaris, mirabilis); Staphylovovvus aureus; Pseudomonas aeruginosa; Enterococcus faecalis.
Intestibacteriophage is used in the treatment and prophylaxis intestinal infectious diseases caused by enlisted microorganisms.
Dysentery;- Salmonellosis; - Dispepsia; - Infective colitis; - Enterocolitis; - Dysbacteriosis.
Usage and Dosage:
intestibacteriophage for treatment purposes is used per as with first signs of disease with 5-6 days. Intestibacteriophage should be used in following doses:
|Age||Amount of admissions||Period of admissions|
|Children up to 3 years of age||5ml per admission||4 times a day 30 minutes before meal|
|Children from age of 3 and adults||10 ml per admission||4 times a day 30 minutes before meal|
During per as application of Intestibacteriophage in adults and children from age of 3, drinking of 2-3% baking soda solution (one glass, 150-250ml) is recommended.
In Parallel to per as admission of Intestibacteriophage it is recommended to use Intestibacteriophage per rectum, once a day in the amount of 10 ml for children and 20 ml for adults. (per rectum usage is recommended in the evening with enema after emptying stomach).
For prophylaxis use intestibacteriophage is recommended:
- In organized groups to prevent spread of infections. During seasonal infections, Intestibacteriophage can be applied once a day in amount of 10-20ml. Application can be made with the interval of 5 days during 1 month.
- During the rise period of intestinal infections, all patients in the clinics are recommended to go through phage treatment despite diagnoses. Phage application is recommended 2 times with the interval of 5 days. Amount per admission should be 10-20 ml.
- recommended to use 6-10 days in a row.
Before use, the ampule/vial should be well shaken. The contents should be transparent liquid without sediment. The preparation should not be used in case of ampoules/vials damage or if the liquid is non-transparent!!!
do not store and use the drug after destroyng the integrity of the ampoule/vial!!
Usage together with other preparations:
Preparation can be used in parallel or supplemental to other medications. Drinking alcohol during treatment with bacteriophages is not recommended.
During the usage of Intestibacteriophage, overdosing symptoms have not been revealed.
Usage of intestibacteriophage does not have contradictions
No side effects have been revealed during usage of intestibacteriophage
Specific categories of patients:
Pregnancy and lactation. preparation can be used during pregnancy and lactation period.
Usage in elderly people
Preparation is used in elderly people.
Effect on drivers and people working with potentially harmful machines
Usage of bacteriophages does not affect driver skills or skills of other equipment usage.
Intestibacteriophage is produced in 10 ml vials (5 vials per pack)
Storage conditions and shelf life
Store at +2 c - +8C in dry place, protected from direct light
shelf life 18 month
Preparation developed by G.Eliava institute of bacteriophage, Microbiology and Virology.